Festivals in 2019 & Motorhome Hire – Events to watch out for
Glastonbury took a year off in 2018, so when the 2019 Glastonbury tickets were released, they were always going to sell quickly. If you’re one of the lucky few who managed to get hold of one then congratulations, but for those of us who weren’t so lucky, what other Festivals in 2019 should we watch out for? Get ready to book your tickets and your festival camping spots and arrange motorhome hire soon.
- Sounds From The Other City – One of the earlier festivals in 2019, Sounds from the other city is a single day event based in and around Chapel Street in Salford on the 5th of May 2019. There’s no line up just yet, but if previous years are anything to judge by, it’ll be all about new music and an independence of spirit.
- The Great Escape – The seaside town of Brighton is always vibrant and eclectic. Fro the 16th to the 18th of May, it plays host to the Great Escape across over 30 venues, showcasing new talent from around the world. See the next big thing here before they become mainstream!
- Cheshire Fest – To be hosted at the Manchester Rugby Club in Stockport on the 1st and 2nd of June, Cheshire Fest’s tickets are now available as is a partial line-up featuring Flash and Kings Ov Leon. Expect Live music, bars, street food and family fun at this affordable Cheadle Hulme based event.
- Download Festival – From the 14th to the 16th of June in Derby, Download Festival returns to defend its crown as arguably the greatest rock festival for true fans of the genre. The line up is still to be announced, but with Ozzy Osbourne and Guns N’ Roses topping the bill this year, expect it to be suitably epic in 2019.
- Latitude – Taking place from the 18th to the 21st of July 2019 in Henham Park in Suffolk, Latitude is a festival that has a little something for everyone. Naturally, there’s music of all kinds, but there’s also comedy, theatre and numerous activities to try your hand at too.
- Tramlines – Sheffield’s very own inner-city multi-genre music festival takes place in various venues around the City from the 19th to the 21st of July 2019. Originally (but no longer) free to attend, ticket prices are still very reasonable for a three-day event, so be sure to grab yours when they’re released.
- Kendal Calling – A festival that’s sold out for 13 years running. Lowther Deer Park in Cumbria hosts Kendal Calling 2019, which takes place from the 25th to the 28th of July. At the time of writing the line up has yet to be announced, but this annual Lake District extravaganza, featuring Rock, Indie, Dance and Folk music along with comedy performances is always a fabulous event.
- Creamfields – Taking place on the bank holiday weekend, from the 22nd to the 25th of August 2019 in Daresbury near Warrington, tickets for Creamfields 2019 are available now. Expect the usual spectacular collection of international dance music artists, but it’s too soon to say exactly who will be on the lineup.
- Reading/Leeds Festival – As with many of the Festivals in 2019, we know the dates and location for Reading Festival but not the line-up. Another August Bank Holiday festival, it takes place from the 23rd to the 25th of August 2019. Details on Leeds Festival are even thinner on the ground, but the sister events normally take place at the same time with a similar line-up.
- Bestival – No details are yet known about the 2019 return of the eclectic, creative and diverse Bestival, apart, that is, from the location in East Lulworth.
Glastonbury is only one of the Festivals In 2019
While these are only 10 of the festivals in 2019 that aren’t Glastonbury, there are many, many more. Some large, some small and whatever your tastes in music, culture or atmosphere, there’ll be at least one and likely several which will cater to you and the experiences you enjoy.
One of the experiences few enjoy, however, is spending a weekend cold wet and muddy. This year we’ve been blessed with a phenomenally warm dry summer which has made going to festivals a real joy, but no-one can predict what the Great British weather will throw at us next year, so don’t let the rain spoil your enjoyment of Festivals in 2019, upgrade your camping experience and swap your tent for a luxury motorhome. We guarantee you’ll never want to camp any other way ever again!